Credit Recovery Tips
1. HOW DO I START?
Review the Step-by-step Instructions for Starting Your FuelEd CR Course guide for helpful tips on getting started and navigating your course!
Credit recovery classes are designed to move very quickly, since the assumption is that this is NOT your first time seeing the material.
2. LOGIN INFORMATION:
Go to peak.getfueled.com to login.
Enter your “username” and “password” (included in the email you received from 'email@example.com')
Click on the “play button” below your class name within the circular course card.
3. NAVIGATION - In general, you want to always work from the top down in the course. Start with the top (first) Unit tab and then move through each unit from the top down as well.
4. CONTENT - Once you review the material available in the section, you will see a check mark appear next to that item within the Table of Contents on the left-hand side of your screen. Note that the check marks appear if you open the item, check marks do NOT mean that you have completed required work on that page.
5. QUIZZES - Quizzes must be taken in one sitting. You cannot start a quiz, walk away, and resume later. The first time you take a quiz, it is a diagnostic or PRETEST, which means that you are not supposed to study, as the quiz will measure how much you already know. If you score 70% or higher, you just move on to the next quiz. However, if you score below 70%, then the course will open up content that you need to review for the next quiz. Once you review the content, you can take the next quiz. You may have multiple attempts to take each quiz. This will be noted within your course!
6. EXAMS - Most exams are password protected. If you do not have your exams password to take your exam, email your teacher or your mentor!
7. ASSIGNMENTS - With the exception of language arts classes, you will have very few, if any, written assignments to complete. Instead, you will be taking quizzes and exams to earn your grade and credits. For language arts/English classes, you will have to fill out and submit various assignments including discussions, worksheets, and essays. Make sure that you save everything prior to submitting so you have a backup copy. Do not wait until the end of the course to submit these assignments - complete and submit assignments throughout each week of your course. If you need additional help submitting, please contact your mentor.
8. PACING - You can create your own pacing guide within your class using the 90 Day Schedule. The title of this guide is deceiving because your course is NOT 90 days, however, you have the ability to enter your own start and end dates. Remember you only have 6 weeks to complete a credit recovery course online during the fall or spring terms, and summer school classes are 4 weeks. Once you enter these dates, you can then print the schedule or copy it to a google doc you can access later. You can use this schedule cross items off as you complete them.
9. TIME IS KEY - Spending time in your course is key to completing successfully and earning credit for the course. At the start of the course, look ahead at your schedule and set aside time to work in your course regularly from the start date to the end date. For credit recovery courses, we recommend an hour per day, 5 days per week during the Fall/Spring and 1.5 hours per day, 5 days per week during the Summer.