The Difference between BVSD Online and Boulder Universal Online School
BVSD Online is a supplemental program. This program is available to any BVSD middle school or high school enrolled student. Courses provide students an opportunity to either catch-up on missing courses, improve grades of D or F, or get ahead with additional courses.
- Courses taken must be in "addition to" the school schedule, not act as "replacement to" the required full-time enrollment at their BVSD School.
- Courses are available during the Fall, Spring and Summer terms.
- Families are required to register and pay for these additional courses.
- Courses follow a defined term with a specified start and end date.
- Terms are slightly shorter than the school semester.
- Students should consult their school counselor before registering.
- Grades are recorded on the student's Boulder Valley School District cumulative transcript.
The BVSD Online Program is not a school and is not available to students who are not enrolled at a BVSD school.
Boulder Universal K-12 Online School enrolled students have access to courses online that meet the same graduation requirements as the brick and mortar schools courses do. Students follow a weekly deadline schedule. Options include full time enrollment or a hybrid enrollment secondary to their primary school.
Flexible online schedules serve a wide variety of students:
- Students with an online preference
- Students with individualized learning needs
- Homeschooled students
- Student athletes, student performers, musicians or singers
- Student entrepreneurs or those pursuing other professional lifestyles