Staffing and Teaching in the Digital Age
BVSD online staffs its courses with BVSD teachers only. Subjects hired for include:
- Language Arts
- Social Studies
- Fine Arts/Tech
- Physical Education
- Hold a current Colorado teaching license with appropriate endorsements.
- Experience teaching online or having completed the "Teaching in the Digital Age (TIDA)" course.
- Complete and submit the online application for employment with updated "online experience" or "TIDA" noted.
- Applications without TIDA or Online experience will NOT reach us.
- Positively impact student achievement, using appropriate online instructional strategies and strong knowledge of the content.
- Effectively manage the virtual learning environment.
- Demonstrated ability to differentiate instruction to meet students' learning needs.
- Provide progress updates to students and parents on a frequent and reoccurring bases.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and community.
- Follow State legal requirements and District policies and procedures.
- Competence with Infinite Campus - entering grades, posting remarks, etc.
Be sure to keep an eye out for our postings on the BVSD Jobs Website. We post and hire for School year and Summer. BVSD Online does not accept applications or resumes by email. Visit the Human Resource Department for any questions regarding the application process.
Online and blended learning provides a means of personalizing instruction, allowing teachers to accelerate learning as never before. This course will allow teachers explore best practices teaching in the digital age, engage in meaningful digital learning, and discover how technology can improve interactions between you and your students.
TIDA is lead by an experienced online BVSD teacher. You will use the district wide LMS, Schoology, to build the framework of your own individualized course, including targeted lessons, and the use of groups to support student and parent relationships. You will develop lessons in content using blended/online instructional strategies and gather resources to create a digital tool box which can be used for differentiation of instruction and assessment, enhanced communication, and collaboration and project based learning in your classroom.
Please expect to spend 30 hours (plus 15-20 hours on the system to complete assignments). The course is delivered in an online format with two REQUIRED webinars.
To enroll, go to My Passport.
BVSD teachers can choose:
- Instructional seat time, at no cost.
- Salary credit, for $25.00.
Substitute Teachers and External guests are eligible for:
- Instructional seat time only, for $25.00.
- Contact 720-561-5522 to make payment.
Seat time: is usually 1 to 1 CDE credit and can be used for license renewal.
TIDA is a requirement to qualify to teach online courses for BVSD Online and Boulder Universal. However, taking TIDA does not guarantee employment. Teachers interested in applying for positions at BVSD Online and Boulder Universal please see the BVSD Jobs Website for listed opportunities.